Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Economic Constellation
(10-11-2016, 10:39 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(10-11-2016, 07:16 AM)Odin Wrote: Corporate America: "Millies aren't suckers, WAAAAAAH!!!!" Big Grin

The Millies might just save America (and the world?) from itself.

Now, here's some news to use. Big Grin

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-19...disturbing Wrote:While the Fed's traditionally drab Beige Book described the US economy in traditional terms, growing "at a modest to moderate" pace, one relatively new development was the recurring complaint by employers that they are having an increasingly more difficult time in finding qualified and skilled workers to fill empty positions.
Quote:Labor markets remained tight, and employers in most Districts had more difficulty filling low-skilled positions, although labor demand was stronger for higher skilled workers. Modest wage increases broadened, and reports noted bigger increases for workers with skills that are in short supply. A couple of Districts reported that worker shortages and increased labor costs were restraining growth in some sectors, including manufacturing, transportation, and construction.
That said, we have difficulty finding where in the labor market data one can validate the Fed's finding that wages are growing due to rising labor pressures. If anything, the latest jobs report was a big disappointment not only in terms of overall payrolls, but also wages, with real wages continuing their slump...
[Image: 20170315_earns_0.jpg]
... prompting Morgan Stanley to caution that "wage growth is leveling off and may be slowing" and leading the suddenly reflationary Albert Edwards to ask "where is the wage growth", we want to bring attention to one amusing anecdote, which we find quite believable. 
According to the Boston Fed the qualified labor shortage is so bad, that the hit rate on hiring after a simple math and drug test, collapses below 50%. To wit:
Quote:Labor markets in the First District continued to tighten somewhat. Many employers sought to add modestly to head counts (although one manufacturer laid off about 4 percent of staff over the last year), while wage increases were modest. Some smaller retailers noted increasing labor costs, in part driven by increases in state minimum wages being implemented over a multi-year period. Restaurant contacts, particularly in heavy tourism regions, expressed concern about possible labor shortages this summer, exacerbated by an expected slowdown in granting H-2B visas. Half of contacted manufacturers were hiring, though none in large numbers; several firms said it was hard to find workers.

One respondent said that during a recent six-month attempt to add to staff for a new product, two-thirds of applicants for assembly line jobs were screened out before hiring via math tests and drug tests; of 400 workers hired, only 180 worked out.

1. The FED is using the wrong number for unemployment as , [Rags thinks it's an excuse to loosen immigration requirements and H1-B/H-2B applications.  IOW, I don't trust any of those numbers, but I do trust the meme that lots of use Jonesers are getting back to the garden wrt some "old friends".  I , mean look at agronomy progress , man. Cool

2. Here's the true unemployment rate, here.
It's around 9% at present.  Stupid MSM talking heads have no clue.

3. It won't matter soon, since automation/AI will destroy a lot of jobs in the years, upcoming. After all, Robots don't smoke weed or do math tests.

4. In any event, I'd like nothing more than to have drinking/drugging/bad math scores/ to fuck over Corporate America.  Idiot elites, didn't do much to fix the education system way back in the 1970's.  Well, OK, then here you go elites, another FUCK YOU, besides the Trump vote.  Eat shit and die motherfuckers.  Live by Neoliberalism, die by neoliberalism.  What comes around, goes around. Y'all blew us Jonesers off, so we're now in Middle age and we can blow y'all off via weed usage, top thrift store users.  And hey, those "Kids in the Basement", are ours, man. We don't care if our kids/nephews/nieces/and coming up, parents live in our basements. Like anything, anything to bring Ragnarök upon the Neoliberal economic order.  Yehaaah burn, baby burn, fucking Neoliberalism!

5. So anything and everything, just burn the fucker down. Nothing like a good economic collapse to crimp the Neoliberal Order.  I wrote a letter to one of our sniveling whore to Big Pharm Senators here:

Start email:

--------------------
Sen.  Whore Lankford.
1015 N. Broadway Ave., Suite 300 • Oklahoma City, OK 73102 • Phone: (405) 231-4941 • Fax: (405) 231-5051
5810 E. Skelly Dr., Suite 1000 • Tulsa, OK 74135 • Phone: (918) 581-7651 • Fax: (918) 581-6332

PRIVACY RELEASE and CONSTITUENT INFORMATION FORM
Pursuant to Public Law 93-579, the Privacy Act, I hereby authorize Senator James Lankford and/or his staff to request and receive information from the appropriate
federal agency or department in reference to my inquiry. This authorization includes written correspondence, telephonic, or any other means of communication. The
federal agency or department is authorized to furnish copies of any documents, correspondence, or information relative to my inquiry until the matter is resolved.

Briefly explain the problem and attach copies of any relevant documentation. (Use additional paper if more space is needed.)
1. You need to support the Hon. Senator Sanders in reigning in the pillaging of the USA by big Pharma.
Look, Big Pharma doesn't give a shit about me. You and your other Oklahoma colleagues need to fix all of these
drug price hikes and stop the Big Pharma Oligarchy. They are to blame for rising health insurance costs, they arfe
to blame of out of control Medicare costs, they are to blame for the death of poor Americans like me, they
are one the foci of evil in this universe. If you take campaign contributions [bribes], then you sir,are
the spawn of Satan, like those fat fuck Big Pharma CEO's. May all CEO's rot in hell. I hate , hate them. Rats
and roaches are far more worthy of the earth's biomass than CEO's. I want them all to just fucking die!
To hell with "health insurance". I want HEALTH CARE access without those greedy mother fucking health insurance
companies.
I want all of them to go bankrupt since they're nothing but a but of worthless paper shufflers. I'm watching
my entire congressional/state delegations like a hawk, and I'll vote against anyone who's bought off.
References: https://berniesanders.com/bernie-sanders...g-imports/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cory...480e0c2b52

Has another Congressional or Senate office been contacted regarding this issue? Yes _____ No _____
If yes, please list the office: ____________________________________________________________________________
I hereby declare that I am currently a resident of the State of Oklahoma and that the information contained in this release is truthful and complete
to the best of my knowledge. *If you are signing on behalf of another, please provide a copy of your authority to do so (Power of Attorney, etc.).

Heather_Olive@lankford.senate.gov
[/quote]

And, so I've rattled one useless fuck we have in the Oklahoma delegation.  [Yeah, Eric, I write stuff to folks.]
Albeit more coarse and direct. Cool

I haven't heard back yet. I wonder if that worthless sack of shit will show up where I live and get the usual GOP
jerk off reception with constituents.  I think lots of folks nation wide hate the GOP for being such whores.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
Current Economic Constellation - by X_4AD_84 - 05-16-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: Current Economic Constellation - by Kinser79 - 05-16-2016, 12:22 PM
RE: Current Economic Constellation - by Galen - 05-16-2016, 01:00 PM
RE: Current Economic Constellation - by Odin - 05-16-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: Current Economic Constellation - by Galen - 12-18-2016, 04:51 PM
RE: Current Economic Constellation - by Kinser79 - 05-16-2016, 01:58 PM
RE: Current Economic Constellation - by Odin - 05-16-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: Current Economic Constellation - by Kinser79 - 05-16-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: Current Economic Constellation - by Odin - 10-11-2016, 07:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...