Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the Austrian school of economics have solutions?
(06-01-2016, 04:37 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 04:25 AM)taramarie Wrote: Ok so I take it he is talking about the collective mindset? I was always taught to value teamwork. To trust in the team and that we can help each other. However, if we look through history that mind set without thinking outside the team mind set can be very dangerous. So, it can be valuable in time of need to get things done, but we do need independent thinkers to correct for errors we make as nothing can be perfect. It really depends on the situation. Both very necessary, but both clash when things need to be sorted in 4T's. Sometimes it is wiser to band with a million to fix issues BUT we need to do our own research to be sure it is the right thing to do. To have an educated opinion and a wise path to a solution for that million to sort out together.

Working as a team is not excluded by the economics of Mises or Rothbard.  Rather the members of the team choose their teammates rather than have them chosen for them.
[/quote]

Employers typically choose teammates for their employees.

Quote:
(06-01-2016, 04:25 AM)taramarie Wrote: As to Eric, he seems to be a pacifist due to his hatred of guns but then again he would not be the one to do the killing or be killed....we know which generation/s would be the ones to die for an ideal.

Eric the (Green) would never do the deed himself.  Rather, the state is the proxy that will do the job for him.  He would rather see me dead rather than let me keep what I earned.  He will never admit that.

Maybe he would never admit that -- because he would never do any killing, including murder by proxy!
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Researchers Finally Confirm There Is Life After Death - by pbrower2a - 06-01-2016, 08:35 AM