Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the Austrian school of economics have solutions?
(06-01-2016, 03:28 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 01:49 AM)taramarie Wrote: Hahaha how did this morph from a talk about life after death to the economy? Oh you guys crack me up. Keeps me ever interested!

What I described is common to all of what is called the soft sciences.  You have to understand that the progressive and modern liberal viewpoint is very mechanistic.  This works in the modern realm of physics and engineering but fails in psychology and economics.  Consider what it means if Mises and Rothbard are in fact correct as I believe they are.  It means that the world of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries is build on a false foundation.

You know as well as I do that I do not support or agree with mechanistic views.

If anything, libertarian conservatives (besides the religious right) are more beholden to these than liberals. Ayn Rand is an example.

Your classical liberal views are based on those of writers like Adam Smith, Bentham, Ricardo, etc, who were quite empiricist and mechanistic.

Libertarian economics depends on the utopian view that we are each individuals who are sovereign and need little supervision by the state, and that all state action is theft and murder. Today's liberals are wise enough to discard this nonsense.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Researchers Finally Confirm There Is Life After Death - by Eric the Green - 06-02-2016, 12:38 AM