Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the Austrian school of economics have solutions?
(06-02-2016, 12:46 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 01:12 AM)Galen Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 12:29 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I would say that extremes of state control, and extremes of laissez faire, suck the life out of the people. There's another word for laissez faire, and that is neglect. Just what the authors of T4T described as the problem with third turnings, and which leads into the crisis. Just what we experienced the last 35 years. No, it never works; the verdict of history is clear. Neither extreme works

For someone who most likely believes in evolution it is strange that you have such trouble with the concept of self organizing systems.  Economies are not machines but rather more like an ecosystem in this respect.

You know as well as I do that I have shared Sheldrake's concept of "self-organizing systems" on this forum many times. I have no trouble with the concept at all. I agree with it.

Your trouble is that you think "free enterprise" exists and that it is not coercive, while the state is a machine that is. Those are quite false equivalencies.

One of the more cynical descriptions of "free enterprise" is that those who own the enterprise are free to treat the rest of humanity badly with no recourse from those for whom they dictate terms of survival.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Researchers Finally Confirm There Is Life After Death - by pbrower2a - 06-02-2016, 07:31 AM