Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need missing page 268 from Fourth Turning TPB
In a surfeit of caution, I checked to be sure that my quote of the end of the missing page was accurate, which it was, but then discovered that while pbrower2a was so intent on paraphrasing Neil, he not only left out material from the missing page, but ended his "quote" half way down page 269.

The previous culling I just posted stops short of page 269, after the following sentence:

"They have everything to lose and little to gain -- and they know it. That's how much of life is for Nomad/Reactive types."

Then starts up again half way down page 269 with:
  • As team-working Heroes replace Nomads in young adulthood, they challenge the political failure of elder-led crusades, fueling a society-wide secular crisis.

Maybe the version pbrower2a has is also missing matter?

So, I'm still missing a crucial chunk of material between:

"They have everything to lose and little to gain -- and they know it. That's how much of life is for Nomad/Reactive types."

AND

..."able over the ideal, midlife Nomads forge an effective alliance"..." (from the top of page 269 in my TPB)

Thanks ahead,

<*>aj

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

-  Antoine de Saint Exupery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need missing page 268 from Fourth Turning TPB - by Aristotle Jones - 06-09-2016, 02:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Fourth Turning Forum on facebook Eric the Green 3 2,384 03-14-2022, 03:02 PM
Last Post: beechnut79