Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Artist kids now have their own superhero team
(01-05-2021, 11:16 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Civic generations are slow to develop any creative ethos. I'm going to guess that the first strong creative figures of the GI generation to get significant recognition was Walt Disney for his innovative cartoon "Steamboat Willie" that introduced Mickey Mouse in America and the Soviet composer Dmitri Shostakovich, whose First Symphony was his submission as his graduation piece at the Leningrad Conservatory at the age of 19 -- and this work stands up well. Disney and Shostakovich would both do much in their respective arts... and there would be others. Disney and Shostakovich were early-bloomers by GI standards. Not until Citizen Kane do we have a film that has its creativity associated largely with the GI Generation; Big Band music has its start with figure then mostly in their 30's. Kurosawa's reputation as a director did not take off until he was in his late thirties.

Here is DSCH's First Symphony:

This is an impressive First, wouldn't you say? Remember -- this is by a nineteen-year-old prodigy who kept maturing even if the Soviet state tried to make a cultural stooge out of him. 

I would guess that many of the creative employees at such studios at Pixar and Marvel are Millennial... but the directorship there is still Boom and X.

(In case you wonder, I am a Boomer and I associate Generation X with far more creativity than mine).
Well, as a Millennial myself, I can honestly say that I can't help but agree with you that Hero/Civic generations often aren't as creative as the other archetypes. I've seem several creative works from the Silent, Boomers, and Gen Xers (in fact, many of my favorite movies and TV shows are from the 2T and 3T), I can't really think of many creative/innovative things my own generation has done so far (either culturally or in entertainment). That doesn't mean it can't happen eventually though, for instance I LOVE The Twlight Zone, which is a 1T show and created by Rod Sterling, a G.I. (though he's really a Silent cusper).

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Artist kids now have their own superhero team - by Dustinw5220 - 01-05-2021, 09:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halloween for Xer kids vs. New Silent kids GeekyCynic 3 2,548 10-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Camz
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,200 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  Homelander/New Artist kids during quarantine GeekyCynic 8 5,372 07-28-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? Ghost 11 6,538 06-05-2020, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
  Greta Thunberg - Civic or Artist? Bill the Piper 40 21,646 11-26-2019, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund