Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a feeling that today (or yesterday) is probably a huge generational shift.
Hi Jleagans

I think the borders of generations are really too fuzzy to be asserted as 100%. Generally, I think the critical points are the mood of the country at the time you become aware of things outside your house (around 3-4) and the mood/experience as you transition into full independence (about 21-22).

I agree democrats are becoming the party of big business, in the global sense of the word, and represent almost a flip-side (not opposite) of a fascist economy with the same government regulation of means of production and tacit security of monopolies, while asserting an anti-social-Darwinist position that alleges to favor the weak over the strong. There is definitely a faction of the Republican party that is willing to join them, mostly establishment Republicans who would prefer to remain the loyal opposition and get paid than actually do what their constituents want. I'm not sure, however, how many Republican voters would be happy to move over the Democrat camp.

From where I am sitting, I see no reduction in demonization and scapegoating of the other side needed for a new social fabric to form OR the level of suppression needed for one side to have prevailed. 2022 will be the key to knowing if we are out of the crisis era. If democrats win the congress and senate again via a normal election cycle popular vovte, we are probably on the way out. Conversely, if the structure of the country is changed to enforce a democratic victory for the next 10-20 years (pack SCOTUS, remove the filibuster, add new states, gerrymander congress to the benefit of dems, use the power of corporations to silence and impoverish critics, etc.) we would also be out of the Crisis, only in this case we would be forming a totalitarian high.

Boomers are still in their 60's. Plenty of time for another Boomer president.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have a feeling that today (or yesterday) is probably a huge generational shift. - by mamabug - 01-16-2021, 04:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Common Mistakes People Make with Generational Theory JasonBlack 15 2,734 10-16-2022, 11:11 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Common social dynamics between generational archetypes JasonBlack 1 619 07-23-2022, 10:06 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Generational Struggles with Parents JasonBlack 0 633 05-18-2022, 01:53 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  How well do you relate to each of the generational archetypes JasonBlack 2 929 03-22-2022, 10:58 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Generational Boundaries and Movies Anthony '58 1 1,012 12-16-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Can Generational Boundaries Shift Over Time? Anthony '58 3 2,649 06-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green