Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The US and Western Europe are not on the same timeline
(03-07-2021, 07:32 PM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: Regarding David Horn's comments....

If I recall correctly, somebody once pointed out that the Missionary Awakening had an amount of labor activism that is unusual for a 2T.  Which was, of course, the 2T that followed directly after the Gilded Age.

The double rhythm suggests that the next 2T may be of the same general type as the Missionary, an Apollo awakening.  Of course, a 2T is one of the two turnings in which there may be significant reforms.

I've thought for a few years now that the necessary changes need much more time to gel, so yes, the next 2T may start the process. We've moved from the Agricultural Age to the Industrial and right on to the Information Age in the short period of two centuries.  And if the pace of change is and has been far outside the typical for the last 2 saecula, this one seems to be even faster.  Our governments aren't structured for this -- not here or anywhere else I can see.   There is no economic model with capital assets but no labor component, and that's approaching fast.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The US and Western Europe are not on the same timeline - by David Horn - 03-08-2021, 02:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How different is Western Europe's saecular timeline? Remy Renault 80 63,954 05-31-2021, 01:07 AM
Last Post: galaxy