Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The US and Western Europe are not on the same timeline
(03-12-2021, 11:15 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: We Boomers started with "Peace, Love, and Dope" and ended up with Donald Trump and "Rash Libel"... 

This is an important point we often overlook as just part of the scenery. Are these seemingly dissimilar traits really different? I'm beginning to think that they aren't. Both derive from a desire to be free of constraints, albeit in markedly different ways. If we scrub away the ideological parts, and concentrate solely on the desire from some version of freedom, both readily appeal to some people with minimal to no grounding. I called them the hangers-on in an earlier post. They may be more central to the past (and potentially the future) than I had credited them with being.

Maybe it's not the meek who inherit the earth, but rather the disinterested, bored and uninvolved.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The US and Western Europe are not on the same timeline - by David Horn - 03-13-2021, 08:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How different is Western Europe's saecular timeline? Remy Renault 80 63,972 05-31-2021, 01:07 AM
Last Post: galaxy