Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The World Economy Looks a Bit Like It's the 1930s
(06-26-2016, 11:03 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: Most people in economic distress don't even know what a divan is.  Besides fainting couches went out of fashion several decades ago.  In any event I don't predict that MMT will be of much use now.  The Fed has been talking about negative interest rates which actually destroys the concept of money itself.

https://mises.org/blog/dumb-and-dumber-%...pter-money

I've become convinced what we need to do, what we should have done from the start was to let the whole works crash and burn.  Trying to prop up a system so fragile will only make the inevitable failure that much worse.

I have been saying this for years since this sleigh ride started about eight years ago.  I see you have been studying real economics.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: The World Economy Looks a Bit Like It's the 1930s - by Galen - 06-26-2016, 06:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will Brexit crash the economy? Eric the Green 5 3,568 01-19-2020, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Trumponomics: It's (Still) the Economy, Stupid TeacherinExile 7 7,029 03-06-2017, 09:43 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  WHITE HOUSE: Student debt is good for the economy MillsT_98 4 4,820 07-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58