Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion".
(08-28-2016, 03:19 PM)Mikebert Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 06:26 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I did predict long ago here, I think before she was even through being First Lady, that Hillary would be the gray champion. Well, I dunno. She'll get the support, but she'll have to earn the enthusiasm of the Millennials. She may only be in for one term, is my prediction, even though the Democrats will probably win again in 2020. I'm not predicting that the next Democratic nominee will be Kaine either. Hillary may live out another "reversal." Whereas Obama came in on a wave of millennials' enthusiasm, and lost a good deal of it, Hillary may well go out on one that she has created.
If so this would be at the old site?  Do you think you could find it?

You mean my prediction that Hillary would be grey champion? I don't know if I could find it. I looked for a while under the thread about who is the next Lincoln or FDR, so I'll look more later. I had forgotten this link.

But meanwhile I found that I had posted about Donald Trump. eerie!

Posted by: E. Alan Meece
Date posted: Mon Oct 11 12:00:43 EDT 1999
Subject: devil's choice for the Reform Party

Trump (or) Buchanan? What a choice for a "reform" candidate! I'll take Buchanan, were I to have to make that devil's choice. He's a serious man with serious ideas. The worst thing about him is that he's a racist and anti-semite. The second worse thing is that he's a supply-sider and social-program cutter. What's the worse that could happen with Buchanan as President? Probably not much. He would lower taxes and try to cut some social programs, which the congress wouldn't go along with; thus the budget deficit would be back. Generally speaking, his supply-side/anti-social program policies are pretty much what we have already. Business as usual. He might stop some immigrants from coming across the border; something I don't agree with, but pretty harmless. He would raise trade barriers, which we need to do. He would keep us out of wars, which might lead to some future wars. But at least we wouldn't get embroiled anywhere.
Trump on the other hand has no ideas that I have heard. If people want an alternative "moral example" to Clinton, I can't think of a worse alternative. Clinton is amoral and pretends not to be. Trump is amoral and seeks as much publicity for his lifestyle as possible. Trump as president is redundant. Him and his rich buddies already run things. Besides, he already went bankrupt once; just a taste of what his much vaunted "business abilities" would bring to the nation. Trump is just a big egotist and a gambler.

If the Reform Party wants to run a reformer, they should look at Lowell Weicker. Now there's a serious candidate worthy of the "reform party" label.
Eric Meece
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". - by Eric the Green - 08-31-2016, 06:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forward Party (USA)? nguyenivy 11 1,901 09-03-2022, 02:28 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Gray Champion Predictions jleagans 153 84,358 09-01-2022, 03:00 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The failure of the Democratic Party Mickey123 54 40,958 06-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Grey Champions and the Election of 2016 Kinser79 154 124,342 02-22-2017, 10:05 AM
Last Post: SomeGuy