Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X
(09-20-2016, 05:24 AM)taramarie Wrote: Yes of course it is hard for me to understand. I was not alive back then. I judge best as I can from what I have observed but i have not lived it. Only seen it in old videos that were filmed before I was even a twinkle in the eyes of two kids back then (my parents). This is what makes me a millennial and not an Xer. I can only give a fair analysis of one event which not all boomers participated in for reasons I mentioned. I do want to be fair to them especially those of my mother's cohort who were just kids. It would be silly to blame them for that and they are boomers too. The later boomers have been far worse off than earlier boomers financially I also have to address. They also struggle being on the arse end of a large and demanding generation.

That one event was a symptom of something far more pervasive which is why I said it was a metaphor for the Boomer generation. Even now they believe that people and societies can be reshaped arbitrarily which accounts for how destructive the US has become.  First, there are the wars in the Middle East which is an attempt to reshape that part of the world into what the US government desires, both the left and right are guilty of this.  Second, there is this very phony economy caused by acting as if the usual economic rules don't apply.  Again, political orientation really didn't matter because the attitude was still there.  It didn't end well in the seventies and it won't end well now.

I had step-brothers and step-sisters who were part of that later Boomer cohort.  One of them died at the age of seventeen from this sort of crap.  Its odd how the later Boomers are ill-equipped to deal with things as they are because they keep assuming the old rules they were taught still apply.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-20-2016, 12:30 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-20-2016, 07:16 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-20-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-21-2016, 07:00 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-21-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-27-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:01 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 10-03-2016, 07:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GI Singers > Boomers, Xers and Millennials JasonBlack 11 1,748 06-01-2022, 09:05 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack