The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calls by elected officials (other than Trump) for political violence
OH. MY. GOD!

Gov. Matt Bevin ® is worried about the lives of his grandchildren if Hillary Clinton wins the presidency.

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin ® said on Saturday that conservatives may have to turn to physical violence to protect their values.
“I want us to be able to fight ideologically, mentally, spiritually, economically, so that we don’t have to do it physically,” Bevin said during his speech at the Values Voter Summit in Washington. “But that may, in fact, be the case.”

Bevin went on to say that he believed the U.S. would survive a Hillary Clinton presidency, but it might require bloodshed.
“The roots of the tree of liberty are watered by what? The blood. Of who? The tyrants to be sure, but who else? The patriots,” he said. “Whose blood will be shed? It may be that of those in this room. It might be that of our children and grandchildren. I have nine children. It breaks my heart to think that it might be their blood that is needed to redeem something, to reclaim something, that we through our apathy and our indifference have given away. Don’t let it happen.”

Asked by the Lexington Herald-Leader to clarify his comments, Bevin said he was talking about military service.
“Today we have thousands of men and women in uniform fighting for us overseas and they need our full backing,” he said in a statement. “We cannot be complacent about the determination of radical Islamic extremists to destroy our freedoms. Nor can we allow apathy and indifference to allow our culture to crumble from within.”

Republican nominee Donald Trump has also used violent imagery during his presidential campaign.
“If she gets to pick her judges ― nothing you can do, folks,” Trump said in August. “Although, the Second Amendment people. Maybe there is. I don’t know.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/matt...4b722c58e3?

...Are Kentuckians getting their tap water from Flint, Michigan?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Calls by elected officials (other than Trump) for political violence - by pbrower2a - 09-13-2016, 01:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catalist: findings on age-cohorts and political activity pbrower2a 1 361 05-20-2023, 03:51 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The Maelstrom of Violence pbrower2a 778 355,490 03-13-2023, 11:18 PM
  The new political narrative Eric the Green 10 2,535 08-14-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Biden is using a racial narrative to obscure the class character of police violence Einzige 10 3,270 04-25-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  The USA Today editorial board calls for Copmala Harris to oversee police reform Einzige 0 740 04-17-2021, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Einzige
  Biden Pandemic Adviser Calls for Four to Six Week National Lockdown HealthyDebate 64 15,338 04-01-2021, 02:38 AM
Last Post: poetplan
  What if we replaced elected politicians with randomly selected citizens? March3 10 2,804 03-06-2021, 02:21 AM
Last Post: MissDenver
  Bread and Circuses with California’s Political Hypocrisy SusanSusan 0 737 02-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: SusanSusan
  The cancer infecting the political Left Mickey123 310 68,557 02-01-2021, 11:41 PM
  ‘Needs To Be Done’: Biden Calls For Returning More US Troops To Syria random3 4 1,180 01-27-2021, 09:01 PM
Last Post: elect21