Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Video 18:20] Theories made on the most efficient design for the universe
(01-19-2018, 12:52 AM)Deciphered Wrote: I appreciate you taking the time to read the script. It's hard to hold a strong opinion for any version of the multiverse theory given how many possible variations of it there are, and our inability to prove any of them. The biggest dilemma that I see with your understanding is the way you describe the creation of a new version of the universe as being a significant/somewhat rare event. The way I see it, every moment that passes  each person has millions of different possible neural pathways that could fire off resulting in slight variations in their actions. These represent millions of possibilities, and since the universe contains all possibilities  they all occur, simultaneously.

Only millions?  There are lots of alternate possibilities, even for simple systems.  The universe observed is not a simple system.

It is impossible to solve the basic quantum wave equations.  The current 'solutions' involve a division by zero, which renders the main line work invalid.  Of course, if the present depends on the future, if single particle interference between the present and future on real time is common, you have to solve for all possible futures indefinitely.  That quite simply can't be done validly.

I see the main line physicists as being trapped by their delusions of time.

(01-19-2018, 12:52 AM)Deciphered Wrote: It is possible that the universe behaves differently when it is being observed. The size or speed of electrons isn't the reason we can't see them, it's more so the lack of their existence. Scientists claim that electrons not only move impossibly fast, but rapidly pop in and out of existence. It's possible that they are 5th dimensional and exist outside of time. Here's the punchline: when under observation their behavior changes, as though they have chosen an orbit around the nucleus to follow. Perhaps our observations decides which parallel universe they exist in, temporarily cementing them in the 3rd dimension.

I do see electrons as what you call 5 dimensional objects.  Note, electrons and photons in single particle interference experiments interfere with themselves when their travel path is longer / shorter by multiples of their wavelength.  Even when it takes longer for a particle to get there, it interferes with it's hypothetical self that exists in the same multiverse.  They do not interfere with versions of themselves in other multiverses.  I regard this as proof of interference across time.  If one is willing to take these observations seriously, much follows.

Particles do pop into and out of existence, with the particle not exceeding a duration that exceeds limits involving Plank's Constant.  We have proof of dark matter and dark energy, no idea what they are, and one theory is this hypothetical existence of these temporary particles.  I'm not good enough with math to prove the link.

Yes, any observation is a collapse, or a split between universes if so you prefer.  As such, any inclusion of an observation will involve setting up more alternate multiverses interfering with one another.  I do not see the inclusion of conscious minds as changing the laws of physics, though.  That is simply an unnecessary hypothesis.

Note, in the months before I came up with the above theory, I was playing the superhero Coda under the Champions superhero role playing game system.  Her super power was to see all possible near term alternate futures, and select between them.  The input was massive, changing her world view, requiring me to come up with a version of English that included a few new tenses.  It also effected her game mechanics, with me buying her dexterity, n ray vision and danger sense to absurd levels, even by superhero standards. She could always see what was coming, could usually get out of the way, and could usually see what she had to do to take out the other guy. Whee!  Of course, I spent so much on these powers that she could not be strong or tough or have many abilities an 'ordinary' superhero had.

I still miss Coda.  I haven't looked at time, psi or world views the same since playing her.

[Image: Coda.GIF]
Coda, from the pages of the Wild Hunt
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Video 18:20] Theories made on the most efficient design for the universe - by Bob Butler 54 - 01-19-2018, 04:39 AM