Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Technology Didn't Produce Increased Leisure
(06-18-2018, 12:10 PM)tg63 Wrote:
(06-16-2018, 09:34 AM)beechnut79 Wrote: Do any of you see any hope for another period of time charged with radical fun if you want it? Seems that mindset disappeared circa the mid-1980s when society went from hedonistic to workaholic almost overnight. Aren't there at least some left who want to love, play, dance and create?

I do miss those sentiments, but they certainly aren't values that are considered noble or even desirable in this phase of the cycle. After all, they aren't qualities that  contribute to increasing productivity.  

Confused
The last awakening was also a time when, for better or worse, personal feelings took center stage. We learned then, and are still learning, that feelings change like the tides. "Do you feel me?" was somewhat of a buzz question for a time. Feelings were analyzed as never before. It was something that marketers seem to have latched onto, because so often when consumer surveys are done you might get asked a question such as "Is this brand and flavor of yogurt for someone like me?" Personally though I feel that questions like this are sort of silly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Technology Didn't Produce Increased Leisure - by beechnut79 - 06-21-2018, 07:29 PM