Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, I Took A Nap, And...
(06-11-2018, 09:48 AM)Bad Dog Wrote: Heavens To Elvis, the world went even madder.

To sum up, my job gave me an MI. I had to quit. Engineering and IT are nakedly ageist. So, I've been filling in with my own gigs, and temp work. I live on water, and oatmeal. I've lost teeth, because I could not afford dental care. I have no health insurance- the ACA is a mockery in my red state.

I no longer watch the news, or follow politics closely anymore. Possible Crisis sign?

I've pretty much given up, especially after November 2017. My own state's governor was forced to resign by his *fellow Republicans* due to his shenanigans. Criminal charges are up in the air, still.

I can't even get PBS in my low-rent apartment. All I watch is over the internet, and that is rare. I literally am disconnected from modern society.

Perhaps this is how Crisis' come about- the last restraints are gone. Those who care have given up.

I'm competing in the job market with persons thirty or more years my junior. I get glowing interviews, then rejections. Another Crisis sign?

I hope my past adversaries on the 4T message boards are happy, now. Gloat away. You got what you wanted. Now, America has truly become the madhouse we feared back in the early 2000's.

I shall await, with interest, from the Salvation Army shelter. If I last long enough.

Ahhh. Feel much better now.

I don't have any real work-life suggestions, but absolutely go to the VA and get on VA healthcare.  It's not the best in the world, but it is mostly free.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
Well, I Took A Nap, And... - by Bad Dog - 06-11-2018, 09:48 AM
RE: Well, I Took A Nap, And... - by tg63 - 06-11-2018, 11:28 AM
RE: Well, I Took A Nap, And... - by pbrower2a - 06-12-2018, 07:34 AM
RE: Well, I Took A Nap, And... - by pbrower2a - 06-11-2018, 05:05 PM
RE: Well, I Took A Nap, And... - by David Horn - 06-12-2018, 09:34 AM