Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will happen if someone lives by 3T values in the 1T?
(10-10-2016, 10:09 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-08-2016, 05:15 PM)disasterzone Wrote:
(10-08-2016, 04:06 PM)taramarie Wrote: If their 3T ideals go against what the majority live by and not seen as rational they will be ignored and viewed as a replica of the destructive tendencies of their parents generation as well as having the 4T fresh in their minds they will not want a return to that. They will crave order for the ideal of peace for at least the majority.

What about someone living by 2T ideals in the 1T, defending those ideals very fiercely, and saying and living what the new prophets would say and questioning the order? Would they have an easier time or a harder time than the 3T person?

Probably so.

The 3T was culture wars. So the conformists were embattled, but powerful. All one has to do is associate with your side. In the 2T, conformists were on the ropes. So living 2T values in the conformist 1T would be a bit harder. But the beatnicks did it, toward the latter part of the 1T, and they got along pretty well and were setting trends that expanded in the 2T. Except Ginsberg, who was arrested for his poetry. The human potential movement, which expanded in the 2T, began in the First.

But those who had been communists in the 4T, they got slammed in the 1T. So it may be a question of some people living 4T values having a hard time in a 1T.

I wonder if there will be the next incarnation of McCarthyism in the next 1T. I think there will be hate towards people who have holdover views from the 4T because they'll see them as disrupting the peaceful society. I think with the internet, it's definitely possible. We have witch hunts now for different people except it's on more people and it spreads faster on an online platform.

Since I wasn't there, what happened to members of the GI generation who thought like the Beats in the 1T but weren't a part of the movement? What happened to them and what did they do to cope with the era?

I also wonder what would happen to a 4T type person who's angry that the revolution they wanted never happened and thinking everything's too wishy washy and mild. Someone who wants to push their 4T ideology on the max and believes that should have been the solution.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will happen if someone lives by 3T values in the 1T? - by disasterzone - 10-12-2016, 08:12 PM