Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will happen if someone lives by 3T values in the 1T?
(10-15-2016, 10:41 PM)disasterzone Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 08:51 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 08:26 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Whadda bout blue states   being wrong?

It's obvious red states are wrong. They are the reactionaries, clinging to the past of trickle-down, dog-whistle economics, racism, militarism, climate science denial, traditional cultures and prejudice. Not everyone in red states (of course) but the predominant political trends there.

Quote:
Quote:In the 1T, the wrong side has been repressed, but the right side is repressed too. The consensus is, yes, we have turned back the reactionary enemy, but we don't want any more change now, so--- radicals and non-conformists: just shut up and stay in the closet and don't disturb us.
Oh,  just another generation gap.  
3T  -  Boom to X shape up
1T  -  X to Boom Shut up. Cool

No, in the 1T, the millies may tell their new prophet children to shut up. But the 1T trend is for relaxing parentage by the civics.

The Boom may be too old; most of them will voluntarily shut up. Maybe some won't. But X may tell Millies and new artists to shut up.

It's mostly not generational, except that Xers are the dominant elders in a 1T and tell everyone else to shut up and get off my lawn. Mostly though, everyone is telling the non-conformists and radicals to shut up. I don't see too much basis for saying which generation is telling which to shut up, except maybe that predominantly the Nomads are telling that to everyone else because as elders they want relief, peace and quiet, and those who speak up the loudest (prophets) are mostly in the cribs or the old folks homes and are thus "absent." So goes the theory. If you're right, Rags, it's because the Boom will have stayed as young as they wished to.

What would happen to a Civic who felt the times bullied them so they fought back even harder? As in reacted like their children's generation to their generation, reacted to things as they happened instead of afterwards?

Millies will get their way as the 4T proceeds. Then they will be middle aged and will be the builders, mostly content to ride the new consensus. There's always individual exceptions to the trends. Civic non-conformists will have the same fate as new artist or older Xer non-conformists in the 1T.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will happen if someone lives by 3T values in the 1T? - by Eric the Green - 10-15-2016, 11:11 PM