Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominioinism -- American authoritarianism in religious garb
9. Subjection of women. These cults are clearly anti-feminist, with women consigned to subordinate roles to male followers.Typically women are for winning the war against the 'sinful' (rest of the) world through their ability to reproduce.

10. Sexual abuse of women. Because it is their lot to obey husbands or other male authorities, women and girls are told to suffer it in silence and to not resist -- which is more difficult if one has helpless children (especially daughters).

11. Disdain for professionals in the provision of mental health. Dominionism shares this with $cientology. Dominionism will alienate one from the normal joys in life and destroy one's ability to make rational choices. Thus a gay person is told to accept 'conversion therapy' instead of accepting homosexuality. (Were I a preacher and someone asked me how to deal with a personal discovery that one is homosexual -- I would say "God made you gay/lesbian; accept that God loves you, and that you can witness for God in a holy life through your actions -- and that He demands that I bless homosexuality the same way that I bless heterosexuality"). People in the mental health profession tell people to accept their homosexuality, and that it is people who cannot accept the homosexuality of loved ones really need help.

12. The church lashes out at the vulnerable. Thus the poor are at fault for being poor, God chose to inflict disabilities upon disabled people, and that such diseases as AIDS and cancer are warnings from God that one is not blessed. In no way is a Dominionist church charitable except for public relations.

I advise people to read the Sermon on the Mount to determine what Jesus says of the afflicted.

13. People do weird stuff. One must admit that the "Most Anointed of God' can be quite imaginative in getting followers to do strange stuff. Even the creepy $cientology Stare can appear.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dominioinism -- American authoritarianism in religious garb - by pbrower2a - 07-26-2018, 10:40 AM