The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump will live on in the new Reactive Generation
Keep your fingers crossed that the next Prophets can beat these shitheads. Core Millies are getting pretty tired of shouldering these big fights alone and the Prophets can't come along soon enough.

http://www.vice.com/read/donald-trump-white-supremacy

Quote:...

Even if a Trump loss doesn't spark violence, reawakening outright racism can still have plenty of undesirable effects. Another branch of the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Teaching Tolerance Project, works to help schools provide a diverse and equitable education. Maureen Costello, director of the program, says the "Trump Effect" is having a profoundly negative impact on schools nationwide. Costello explained that in the current climate students feel less constrained when it comes to acting on their worst impulses. Numerous racially inflammatory incidents among children are being chalked up to behavior first modeled during stump speeches and debates.

"Our mission is to fight intolerance," Costello said. "We began to notice news stories popping up in March about incidents at sporting events." Costello described a basketball game between a predominantly white school and a predominantly Latino school during which the white students began to chant about Trump's fanciful southern border wall. Costello said that if such behavior was on display in the gym, then it was happening in cafeterias and classrooms too. (Two such incidents occurred during basketball games in Indiana and Iowa, and another took place at a girl's soccer match in Wisconsin.)

This campaign season has seen an uncommon increase in the use of stereotyping—most of it by Trump, said Costello, adding that "this is something we, and most teachers, literally tell kids not to do. Any kid who reaches high school will have had several lessons explaining not to use a broad brush to paint minority groups."

Seeking to take the racial temperature of America's classrooms, Costello and her co-workers put a survey on theTeaching Tolerance website. The questions, the director said, were open-ended, and she stressed that her group's website heavily selects for people interested in nurturing diversity. Still, Costello was overwhelmed by the reaction to the survey. More than 2,000 teachers posted more than 5,000 comments, almost all of them decrying the impact the election was having. Many teachers reported increased hate speech, the taunting of minority students and discrimination against Muslims. A North Carolina teacher reported that her Latino students were carrying their birth certificates and Social Security cards because they were afraid of deportation. Other teachers reported even their African American students were fearful of being "deported back to Africa."

"I think there are rational reasons to be dissatisfied with government," Costello said. "We're in a period of enormous change. Look at technology, demographics. American schools will be 51 percent non-white for the first time in 2015/16. That transition is rough. There's always a reactionary movement away from that, and Trump has given that feeling a name: immigrants, Muslims. We're seeing a real disagreement about what American reality is. When you have people disagreeing on the fundamental nature of reality, those disagreements don't go away."

Messages In This Thread
Donald Trump will live on in the new Reactive Generation - by Einzige - 10-16-2016, 09:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice for the younger generation JasonBlack 2 1,079 03-06-2022, 02:45 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  My estimates on who belongs in the Homeland Generation Ghost 4 3,087 02-12-2022, 11:23 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Why I Call Them the "Activist Generation" Anthony '58 0 956 12-16-2021, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
Heart I'm a member of the Homeland Generation (2005). Ask me anything. Camz 48 29,829 10-02-2020, 12:37 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Homeland generation trending on Twitter? sbarrera 0 1,291 07-29-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: sbarrera
  The Activist Generation? Anthony '58 5 4,457 06-21-2020, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation? Dan '82 27 32,448 05-31-2020, 10:34 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Snapshot of the Homeland generation today sbarrera 22 16,250 07-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  "I am 18. I belong to the massacre generation." gabrielle 1 2,845 11-04-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: David Horn
Video Styx on Generation Zed. Kinser79 2 3,539 08-31-2017, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kinser79