Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(08-20-2018, 01:03 PM)David Horn Wrote: It's interesting to see JPT back for another go at it, but having a go and having hallucinations two entirely different things.  In his opening screed, JPT argued so many points directly contrary to easily established fact, it's hard to understand the intent.  People who might believe this nonsense probably already do -- no additional convincing required.  For those who don't believe or simply know the facts, arguing that red is blue, or vice versa, is totally unconvincing.

But welcome back, nonetheless.

Good observation. I have typically seen him as a hit-and-run poster incapable of meeting a sustained argument that criticizes his view on factual reality.

Something else: what he writes looks like plagiarism because not only is it too good to be true (I have been accused of that!) but also that he cannot defend it effectively.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by pbrower2a - 08-20-2018, 02:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,582 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,043 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz