Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(09-05-2018, 07:25 AM)Teejay Wrote: For myself there is nothing that tells me that the Saeculum is not currently in operation. Strauss and Howe predicted what has happened in the last ten years much more accurately than anybody else, even if the predictions were particularly specific.

I am personally need to wait another couple of decades to get a fuller picture of things like when did the regeneracy occurred in this Fourth Turning. Mind you the regeneracy might have not been that dramatic, Rise of the Tea Party movement, Sarah Palin's popularity and the election of a large number of extreme conservatives in state and federal legislatures could been the regeneracy.

Hmm. You seem to be highlighting conservative peaks in the see saw as possible regeneracy, where someone like Eric or Pbower would nominate progressive highlights. That one new set of values is not riding high, running roughshod, is indication to me that no regeneracy has taken place, that the out of power party remains in a position to flip the see saw.

Me, I could daydream about the anti establishment wings of both parties getting behind a compromising Grey Champion who takes both sets of concerns seriously and takes over one party or the other. I recognize, however, that this has not happened yet. Not close.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by Bob Butler 54 - 09-05-2018, 09:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,679 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,131 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz