Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(09-05-2018, 07:53 PM)Teejay Wrote: I totally agree with you with that assessment, hence why I argued that the new order did not begin to take shape until quite late in the last Fourth Turning, about when the Battle of Stalingrad occurred in 1942-1943.

The Atlantic Charter was released in August of 1941, and defined the basics. Churchill's Iron Curtain speech was 1946. But, yes, we are in agreement as much as a Turning boundary issue ever is.

The New Age is based on computer information, nukes, and renewable energy. The first two were born in WW II, the former in code breaking efforts. The last came a little later. I would put the resolution of the Civic rights movement, the women's movement, the rebuking of the domino policy and the environmental movement as evidence that major issues could be resolved in the 2T, that the awakening values, being resolved, do not any longer come to fruition in the non regenerated pseudo 4T.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by Bob Butler 54 - 09-06-2018, 12:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,573 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,035 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz