Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(09-09-2018, 10:29 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 07:41 AM)David Horn Wrote: All of which leads to the question: are we experiencing a failed 4T?  If battlelines are drawn, but no one takes the battle forward, can we ever resolve anything?  After 45 years of Tweedledee Tweedledum polices, with the very few winning all the battles that count, it seems a long stretch to reversing the trend.  Do we have to experience another major incident, or can we get there by political means alone?

I would say we are experiencing a failed 4T.  

Trump is going to fall flat.  The Republican base might nominate someone similar to Trump or Palin, but sane and competent.  I don't see a conservative pushing your four critical issues.  A progressive champion who is enthusiastic about arrow of progress issues is called for in most transforming events.  We may have to go though another round of the see saw, elect another but sane Trump - Palin like entity, before the middle of the country will admit to conservative failure, that what you consider critical is seen by most of America as critical.

Until then, failed regeneracy, or the see saw of the unraveling could be seen as continuing.

I agree that we're not moving, just oscillating.  The people responsible on both sides are 100% certain that they must prevail or we are doomed.  So far, it's the Right that has pulled out the stops, ignored all constraints and plowed ahead full speed.  If this is reciprocated, and I think it will be if the Left gets a chance, then the ratchet will move up a notch and the next round will begin.  I'm not sure what that might entail, barring violence and chaos.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by David Horn - 09-09-2018, 01:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,589 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,048 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz