Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(09-13-2018, 10:21 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: 4Ts do not indicate or represent a united country. That is the point that I made in my previous post, and Bob seems to not get. It is very clear, though. The country united only in the final defeat of the enemy at the climax and end of all previous 4Ts, when consensus develops as we move into the 1T.

Industrial Age 4Ts at maturity do not indicate a lack of opposition, just that the conservative faction cannot stop the overwhelming majority. There were Tories in the revolution. Lincoln actually wrote a letter around Gettysburg where he took the blame for the war. There were a few points where the martial progress was low, and if the election had occurred at the right moment, history would have been very different. Even in World War II FDR had to fight opposition to invading Japan. There were movements to end the war early.

But in the three American crises at least, the elections did not occur at the right time for a failure of the 4T. It could have been different, but it was what it was.

Bush 43 gives us an example of a failed regeneracy, new values which just don’t work. He had a military catalyst in September 11. He had an idea in serial unilateral preemptive nation building. He had an idea in that technology overcomes boots on the ground, which was more or less true for conventional war, but less true of guerrilla war. He had a climax with the surge. The idea just took too much mobilization for Bush 43’s taste and ran into guerrilla opposition. It failed. The values of that war did not merge with long term US values. There is a vast reluctance to put large numbers of boots on the ground. I imagine the massive bases and embassy that Bush 43 built for his ambitious plans sit empty. It takes a good idea that works to drive a successful cycle.

I try to use scientific values to work a theory. If the existing theory does not fit the data, come up with a better fitting theory. But I also have political values. I am a Whig. Democracy, rights and equality become constants, a common theme across many transformations. However, the transformations are entirely different across history. Different things occupy the most repugnant position, and are the target of a given transformation.

I am not seeing the immediate triumph of my political values. In that I seem to be different from many who post here. Progress, maybe, but progress that can be blocked by autocratic dictators controlling a people with autocratic ideas. There are limits to what can be achieved, and it might well be good to recognize them.

I do find the military progress more easily influences values than non military. What could have helped or hurt the Consciousness Revolution? Some say the Manson killings hurt the hippie movement, but they occurred well after the Summer of Love. Some note the legend of Woodstock in promoting the best of Hippie values, but that the next rock concert featured Hells Angels as security, and pulled rock festivals away from the hippie ideal. Was that inevitable? Was sustaining the Woodstock ideal impossible?

Anyway, your use of astrology steps away from my current areas of interest. I will not comment on your ‘theory’.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by Bob Butler 54 - 09-13-2018, 07:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,633 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,093 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz