Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(09-24-2018, 01:59 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 10:47 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 11:10 PM)Galen Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 04:52 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I see the millennials as too busy keeping their heads above water to try to control the flood.

As an Xer with a Millie sister who has also interacted with a large number of them it seems more like they have been too sheltered to understand what is really going on.  There are a few that haven't and they act more like Xers then I would have expected.

What it interesting to me is that the generation that follows.  I have encountered a surprising number of them who know that they are screwed and know who did it.

Hint:  They don't blame Generation X.  So far they seem to be looking at Xers to pick up survival skills.

They know that Big Business and a government that does what Big Business wants it to do are not their friends. Plutocracy sucks -- it always has and always will.

Yes indeed. And more Boomers than Xers realize this, because Boomers remember a government that worked before the libertarian conservatives (Reagan et al) got in and stopped it from working.

They should have remembered earlier. Theoretically nothing stops us from being better people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by Hintergrund - 11-14-2018, 09:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,621 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,079 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz