The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming back
My name is Tristan and I used to be involved on the old Fourth Turning forum back in the day. I was born in 1983 and currently live in Hobart, which is in the Island state of Tasmania, which is part of nation of Australia. I have been busy with my life in recent years, however the saeculum still remains on my mind. I must admit William Strauss and Neil Howe's predictions have been extremely accurate so far and my faith in the saeculum is stronger than ever. I am a short to medium term pessimist, however a longer-term optimism since winter will end eventually and spring will come. 

Generationally I would see myself as a late wave Reactive or Nomad, since Australia I estimate about 4 years behind North America when it comes to turnings. I do see people a few years younger than me in a different generation, which I find hard to relate to. Personally, I do feel I have become a “young fogey”, which Strauss and Howe did predict that for Generation X as they entered midlife hehe

When it comes to the Millennial generation here in Australia I am very optimistic about them and they will achieve a lot. However I am worried especially once we suffer through our own Great Financial Crisis (which has been delayed), some authoritarian regime supported by the Millennials could arise in response to the likely response from the political class, namely a very expensive public bailout of the banks facing collapse. 

Messages In This Thread
Coming back - by Teejay - 09-02-2018, 05:23 AM
RE: Coming back - by David Horn - 09-02-2018, 07:54 PM
RE: Coming back - by Teejay - 09-02-2018, 08:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, I'm back Bob Butler 1954 104 69,688 01-20-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a