Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political compass for the21st century
(11-18-2019, 04:31 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 03:14 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: That's a fair question, but I don't think they are allowed to interfere in the internal development of intelligent civilizations. The Hitler episode was just one in hundreds of horrific episodes in our history. But if we try to interfere in the affairs of another planet by settling on it when we are not qualified, they might not allow this. I'm just guessing, of course! Maybe they will allow it.

But I doubt they are going to help us learn to break the light barrier until we are ready for membership in good standing in the federation. We simply don't measure up now, and at the rate we're going, it may be centuries before we do. I think our behavior in our modern times, including the Hitler episode, and many more incidents even since then (including the Assad horror and our unwillingness to deal with it and our worldwide xenophobic reactions to it, not to mention even our unwillingness to live sustainably on our own planet), proves the point.

Wow, so your Galactics are no better than the terrestrial internationalists. Sovereignty must be inviolable, yadda yadda. Do you seriously think perfected interstellar beings act like that?

I would think they would act like any responsible organization would, to restrain entry into their membership people who are so immature as we are so as to be unqualified. But as I say, I don't know if they would stop us from sending out whole generations of astronauts to travel to and settle and terraform another planet, assuming we would ever be foolish enough to attempt such a hairbrained and impossible scheme.

But as far as coming to Earth and helping us to break the light barrier, I think they might be restrained from helping us too much, considering our immature condition, or from helping restrain us from our evil acts toward each other, considering their likely laws against interfering in the evolutionary affairs of other peoples. On the other hand, in some limited way they may already be helping us. So I can't be sure, not having contact with galactic federation officials. But I don't think our terrestrial neo-cons are models of what good galactic behavior looks like at all.

And it seems some ETs may be coming here to avail themselves of our DNA. So, it's a frontier of investigation and possible new knowledge.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political compass for the21st century - by Eric the Green - 11-18-2019, 03:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controversial Political Opinions JasonBlack 181 33,294 12-20-2022, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  How Birth Year Influences Political Views Dan '82 12 15,006 10-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Comprehensive Political Cycle Theory jleagans 15 10,252 03-19-2019, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Marypoza
  Where to post political topics Webmaster 0 10,495 05-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Webmaster