The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Girl's Revolt
I'm not much of a TV watcher and seldom visit the Entertainment and Media folders.  I considered just putting this over in the political discussion section.  I'm posting this not because I'm particularly in love with the series, but out of interest in generation theory.

Amazon is streaming a series, "Good Girls Revolt".  It's a fictionalized account of events in the Newsweek newsrooms back in the 1960s.  At the time, males were reporters and females were researchers, sexism was rampant and taken for granted.  The primary long term conflict centers on the girls going to court to press for equality.  There is an abundance of opportunities for the various reporters and researchers, though, to visit the issues of the awakening.  I suspect most episodes will involve the cast investigating a story that explores one aspect or another of the awakening.

These forums feature a lot of Boomer Bashing.  I'll occasionally grumble about Xers and Millenials that dislike Boomer idealism and intensity.  My thesis is that they just don't understand the society the Boomers grew up in, the time when America was supposedly great, and the sexist and racist attitudes many find disturbing in Trump were openly and systematically practiced.  A lot of Blue Boomers were ticked by aspects of the 50s and 60s culture for good and appropriate reasons.  I can mention coat hanger abortions, live draft cards, black and white rest rooms and major cities totally lacking or having totally inadequate sewer treatment facilities.  Still, if you didn't live it, reading about it as abstract history doesn't give a true understanding of where the Blue Boomers came from and why they became what they became.  One has to have an imagination and spend some effort walking in someone else's shoes to get it.  Altogether too many members of the younger generations aren't bothering to go through any such effort.

I've just started into the series, but it seems to me that "Good Girls Revolt" removes the need to imagine at least.  It's a pretty good time warp.  I suspect any Boomer haters will also find a reason to hate the series.  Anything that forces one to stretch one's world view will be perceived of as being unpleasant, wrong, or otherwise not worth viewing.  Still, if you want a glimpse of the old 'deplorable' values operating unquestioned, blatantly, taken for granted, you might want to catch a few episodes.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
Good Girl's Revolt - by Bob Butler 54 - 10-31-2016, 02:57 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by Odin - 10-31-2016, 06:47 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 10-31-2016, 07:16 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 10-31-2016, 11:57 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by Odin - 10-31-2016, 03:07 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 10-31-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by Eric the Green - 10-31-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by Eric the Green - 10-31-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 11-02-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 11-02-2016, 02:10 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 11-03-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 11-03-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by Odin - 11-04-2016, 06:50 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by The Wonkette - 11-04-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by gabrielle - 12-13-2016, 02:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WWW.KINGTRUST.TO GOOD DUMPS PIN TRACK 1&2 CLONED CARDS ATM/GILF CARDS/EMV SOFTWARE/ C selldumps 0 117 03-14-2024, 03:00 AM
Last Post: selldumps