Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ideas for the revved up society
(02-08-2019, 11:18 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: Freedom is typically not in vogue during a 4T or 1T. On the contrary, both great tyrannies (Nazism and Bolshevism) reached their heyday during such a turning. Africa and some parts of the Middle East had their 4T in the 1960s, and tyrannies appeared there too.

Also, culture never flourishes during a 4T or 1T.

It's a good point, but it's not so either/or. 

The American Revolution brought us a charter of liberties. The French Revolution brought one too; the first one. And it spurred romantic culture. Since I include the 1850s in the 4T, it's notable that the greatest transcendentalist literature came out in the early 1850s. The civil war brought more liberties to more people, the "new birth of freedom" declared in Lincoln's very-popular Gettysburg Address, and the New Deal brought greater freedom from want and freedom from fear, liberation from Prohibition, and then the war was waged to defeat the Nazis and declare a world-wide charter of human rights.

What we will see is restoration of the role of government and public institutions and social solidarity, overthrowing neo-liberalism in the 4T. Some drastic accretions of state power could occur for the purposes of making change or imposing tyranny, here and elsewhere. Such happens in 4Ts. Tyranny has made a comeback after the mostly-failed worldwide Arab Spring Revolution of 2011.

But I see a simultaneous reawakening of culture and fulfillment of the dreams of those seeking greater freedom too, as the seeds of the 2T come to fruition. It may be a pipedream, considering how thoroughly the dreams and visions of the hippies and the new age have been brainwashed out of us, but this is still a renaissance phase in the great cycle of civilization, and I place my hope in that larger cycle, knowing that the saeculum is not the only cycle and Uranus is not the only planet. The year 2022 could see a major artistic awakening as well as a year of compassionate action.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Ideas for the revved up society - by Eric the Green - 02-08-2019, 01:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The USA is a racist society Eric the Green 12 2,974 12-12-2021, 11:08 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  America is a sick society Eric the Green 238 136,617 01-25-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a