Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Heroes mostly brave - oder obedient?
(03-06-2019, 11:12 PM)Hintergrund Wrote: After reading how G.I.s compared their Missionary leader Douglas MacArthur to God, and how the same G.I.s later failed to lead their Boomer kids in Vietnam (after they had spoiled them rotten), I really wonder: Are they as heroic as their name?

If they were able to do heroic deeds, it's because they had competent, realistic Nomad leaders who saw through the Missionary bullshit.

Even if the G.I.s were just as brave as the Nomads have been: Without good officers, brave soldiers became "Lions lead by donkeys", as in WW1.

The American-Vietnam war could not have been led in an heroic manner; it was an ignoble cause. And FDR was a better war leader than LBJ. FDR led Americans into a battle that was necessary to preserve civilization. LBJ led Americans into a battle out of habit that had no reasons behind it.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Heroes mostly brave - oder obedient? - by Eric the Green - 03-08-2019, 02:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why I think a 1981 start date for Millies/Heroes can work Ghost 15 5,051 11-21-2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Dustinw5220