Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Heroes mostly brave - oder obedient?
(05-15-2019, 02:59 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 02:41 AM)AspieMillennial Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 02:28 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 02:18 AM)AspieMillennial Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 01:13 AM)taramarie Wrote: Agree. I cant stand that lame term they have for those of us who are civics. I prefer civic. Far more accurate. Also agree I feel I was raised to be a tool modelled to an older generations ideal way of thinking and thing is, for the most part I agree with them. They did a good job no doubt. I just do not like the hypocrisy. Do as I say, not as I do....stuff like that.

As for what was taught to society, I don't really agree with their morals. I don't agree with the notion of maturity or anything like that. I don't believe "two wrongs don't make a right" or anything like that. I thought most of what is said by society is impractical bullshit and doesn't deal with the real bad guys the right way. I'm kind of just drifting through the 4T. I just wanna escape until the whole thing is over with. I'm autistic and a lot of this "You have to listen because I say so" just makes me roll my eyes. I don't understand my generation's obsession with maturity as if that value really means anything if you lose against a bully. To me, values have no meaning if they result in something negative. Negative results = stupid value. If being mature gets you run over IMO maturity is a stupid value.
I feel for you that you have had certain things happen in your life which caused so much anger frustration and negativity in you anyway which is saddening but I try keep that at a distance as I already have cptsd to deal with. Perception goes a long way. That said, I have no idea really what boomers over there as a whole taught their civics. I only have hearsay and that is not much really. To me the 4T is what we make of it really. My mother also said you have to listen because I say so too which makes zero sense or logic to me. I understand my generations obsession with maturity. Maybe something you could look into if interested. We agree on values have no meaning if it results in negativity. But my main thing is values also have no meaning if one does not follow through with putting words into action. Totally disagree with maturity being a stupid value. Being immature and taking problems out on others due to being an immature whiner is stupid in my books and nothing to be admired. You can at least have a conversation with a mature person who has a grip over their emotions and perhaps some mature insight.

I had parents that calmly discussed things with me and logic, reasoning, and debate were a part of my househol
d. Whenever someone says "Listen because I say so." without giving a logical explanation, my instinct is not to listen. As for maturity, I think it results in a worse world because it makes the bullies of the world very cocky since nobody challenges them. If nobody challenges them they can do anything to people. The mature people are the ones keeping the world bad because the bad people of the world go unpunished.

You are lucky. My mother and my partners mother are crazy and tend to say "listen because I say so." Its gross and im sick of lack of logic. It is controlling and I despise it. That's not maturity. That is arrogance.

Yes so I deal with people who want to force their beliefs on me by being pushier back. I will get louder and louder until they walk away and let me have my opinion. I have zero tolerance for any bullshit people telling me I can't think one way or another. I have no time to be told "You must think this because I say so."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Heroes mostly brave - oder obedient? - by AspieMillennial - 05-17-2019, 06:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why I think a 1981 start date for Millies/Heroes can work Ghost 15 5,049 11-21-2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Dustinw5220