Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Like Justin Bieber, or other pop stars?
Carly Rae Jepsen was a protege and discovery of Justin Bieber. In 2011-12 he promoted and help to finance her hit "Call Me Maybe," which became one of the best-selling records of the 2010s. After that, she sang on my favorite song of 2012 with Owl City (Adam Young), called "Good Time". He was able to contact Carly through a connection between Justin's producer and his. Carly has had a number of hits since 2012, but this new one, "Now That I Found You", may be her best solo; brand new as of the week and month of this post. And, not only is the song and herself appealing on the video, but it's a cat video too. Now that's a way to rack up some you tube views! 1 million in the first couple of days.

Our conservative poster Just Passing Through featured Call Me Maybe as the first post on his thread "Pop Music Cleaning Up?" And though Carly is sexy, he thought it was setting a trend away from the excessively raunchy styles of the 2000s. I thought Justin and Carly and Owl City were heading up a trend of a pop music revival. Could this be a revival of the revival?
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Like Justin Bieber, or other pop stars? - by Eric the Green - 03-20-2019, 03:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decline of Mom and Pop Businesses beechnut79 9 5,762 04-22-2020, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a