Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did people live through the 4Ts without becoming misanthropic?
(05-17-2019, 06:51 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 08:36 PM)Hintergrund Wrote: Not everyone in a 4T is evil.

No but most people in a 4T are evil. The new ideas I see coming within this 4T and the last are evil. My response to living through a 4T is to be angry at the world for forcing me to live in this era.

(01-04-2020, 08:47 PM)Snowflake1996 Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 06:56 AM)AspieMillennial Wrote: In the 4T you see the worst nature of humanity and you see them at their worst. How can you go through a 4T without thinking people are evil by nature and not wanting to fit in with them at all after seeing the nature of human beings?

For me I stay positive by looking at the attitudes and potential in both my generation and the upcoming homelanders after us. I tend to see eye to eye and get a long very well with most people aged 38 and younger.

All people have the choice between good and evil. They may not choose their genes, their intelligence, deformities or freedom from such, class origin, or the culture into which they are born, but they must choose whether they will do good or evil. Maybe there is a continuum, and all of us must make compromises especially in desperate circumstances... but we can all choose to not murder, rape, steal, torture, do wanton destruction, abandon the helpless... In a free society we have the obligation to vote for leaders who will not do evil. (America failed at that in 2016 with the President). In a not-so-free society we must avoid becoming perpetrators of evil.

Evil is not a good means of self-preservation even at the national level. Criminality is good for getting one imprisoned or, through resistance to the prescribed judgment, maimed or killed. One must decide that it is far better to be the poorest pauper than the richest gangster. 

I look at a prospect of the current President threatening to destroy 52 cultural sites of Iran... any such deed is a great and pointless crime. Should he do even one of them, then I expect the Democratic President who follows him to ensure that he be arrested on behalf of the Hague Tribunal. Note well that Iran has a heritage going back nearly three millennia, from both antiquity and the Islamic era... 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50996602

... when I see language of this sort I recognize another spate of monstrous vandalism, that of Nazi demolition of synagogues throughout Europe. Some of those were architectural masterpieces as well as havens of intellectual activity wherein congregants discussed questions that keep arising because human nature does not really change. It is of course the Humanity behind those synagogues that was infinitely more precious, and the Nazis... well, we know enough of that perverted story already.

I cannot see an ethical difference between someone brought up as a Christian destroying a synagogue and someone brought up as a Christian destroying a mosque. Any mosque, synagogue, or church is the Lord's House, and any malicious destruction of one is an offense before God Almighty.

[Image: th?id=OIP.4JtaKXP_YgkKR2MpxF4pqgHaET&w=1...80&pid=3.1]
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did people live through the 4Ts without becoming misanthropic? - by pbrower2a - 01-04-2020, 11:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "New York City to Involuntarily Remove Mentally Ill People From Streets" erdna3 4 896 12-05-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  What should people who hate their generation do? AspieMillennial 15 6,504 11-21-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  What will happen to people who rebel during the 1T disasterzone 29 28,981 11-29-2016, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Marypoza