Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skipped an archetype like time before last?
Yes, the Progressive generation might well be a special-rule archetype, just as the Gilded became (aging into a Civic-Nomad hybrid).

If I recall correctly, the Progressive would-have-been-heros/pseudo Artists were described as "hard Artists" in the paleo 4T site.

For a Dionysus cycle there may be three, perhaps four, different possibilities:

1. The would-be-heroes may become empowered by the 4T, as the Glorious generation in the colonies.

2. The 4T outcome is tragic rather than triumphant, triggering a Nomad revolt. The Gilded became a Nomad-Civic hybrid, while Progressives became pseudo-Artists/hard-Artists.

3. The 4T comes early, and the Nomads are pressed into the hero role. If the 4T goes well, this generation may become a Nomad-Civic hybrid.

In the case of number one, I believe that King Phillips War-a genocidal attack against the colonies-turned Glorious into war heroes

Number three was a British generation in the late 19th century. I don't know much about them, or the next generation. The subsequent 2T was unusually mild in its intensity, indeed, my impression was that is was milder than the Missionary Awakening in America. (But Winston Churchill was a Prophet from that generation). I recall a suggestion that prosperity helped to dampen the 2T.

Messages In This Thread
RE: skipped an archetype like time before last? - by Tim Randal Walker - 04-17-2019, 11:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Archetype Names! jleagans 36 14,113 03-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Can Generational Boundaries Shift Over Time? Anthony '58 3 2,634 06-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Which turning and archetype is most joyful? Blazkovitz 31 12,487 05-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How do neurological disorders or psychiatric disorders affect generation archetype? AspieMillennial 2 2,112 06-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: David Horn