Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skipped an archetype like time before last?
(04-19-2019, 09:57 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 06:20 AM)sbarrera Wrote: I'd say the youngest Millennials are still only 13; the Artist archetype is a way off from adulthood.

What about Millennials disqualifies them from the Hero archetype? I think they are matching it. They still have time for a political movement; they won't likely get a war to fight in like the GIs had but that is because nuclear weapons have ended mass-scale conflict like the CW/WW era experienced.

I think maybe this Crisis doesn't feel Crisis-y enough but there are signs:

Growing populism/authoritarianism
Culture has become bland/predictable
Extreme factionalism - basically we are in a civil war, just not a shooting war
And the demographic bust, if not economic bust

People looking for old music and underground music seems different than the last 4T. I do this myself. I'm born in 1986 but am unaware of the vast majority of songs in this decade. I have almost no idea at all. I don't think there is a one true pop culture. I see this as the ultimate age of the niche. Civics are supposed to be mainstream in culture but what I see happening is most people hate the pop charts so they look for music on their own and just ignore the pop culture spewed by the mass media. People around my age are doing this a lot. The current mass produced culture seems irrelevant today when everyone just goes into their niche culture and searches for everything. This is the opposite of the big monoculture that's supposed to happen.

I gave up on popular music when disco (Yuck! -- and that ex-poses my age) was the fad. Later pop music was undeniably by or for Generation X, which I am not. I found my way to classical music to which I listen almost exclusively now. I love counterpoint and the sonata form.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: skipped an archetype like time before last? - by pbrower2a - 04-20-2019, 01:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Archetype Names! jleagans 36 14,193 03-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Can Generational Boundaries Shift Over Time? Anthony '58 3 2,641 06-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Which turning and archetype is most joyful? Blazkovitz 31 12,583 05-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How do neurological disorders or psychiatric disorders affect generation archetype? AspieMillennial 2 2,121 06-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: David Horn