Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skipped an archetype like time before last?
(04-29-2019, 04:09 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 03:48 PM)TheNomad Wrote: hi sorry not meant to offend.  when discussing especially things of a cycles nature like this, it's impossible not to generalize.  Generalization has to be done.  It cannot be avoided, in fact, when prognosticating in that manner.  We are, after all - all of us here - engaged in understanding what groups of people did/do/will do as a whole.

most of the things you said sound more like me (a true Nomad) and I am sure that's true with people in every archetype.  No two people are identical.  Not in an archetype, not ever.

OK I understand now that it was done on a group level and not an individual level. Society to me doesn't matter if I can find a small niche or isolate myself from the results of society. Society becomes a problem IMO when you can't isolate your way out of it. I don't feel powerful enough to change society to the way I like it so my ultimate goal is to isolate myself from its issues until it passes. This is what the 4T feels to me, this giant waiting room where I'm sitting around ho hum trying to avoid most of it waiting for things to just get over with. I find myself thinking "Just hurry up and get it over with already."

"hurry up with this" is a X thing.  As are niches.  I believe the reason Heroes group up so tightly (in maybe MANY more things passively than other archetypes) they see no way out except to do it together (Hear Steve Rogers).  I dont think X generation ever expected things to get better, we never cared if it did, and many of us tore shit down simply because we saw it was crumbling anyway. 

In the models, this comes from the parents of X people being so totally selfish and demanding we grow up fast, mostly alone and figure it all out by ourselves while Boomers and Artists pranced happily in the apocalypse.  Then, the time came when collective society (older Boomers, older Artists) woke up and saw their grandchildren at risk and they just couldn't have that.  Not that they ever would own up to who began all that shit to begin with, they just said "ok we Fd up X, now we have to save Millennials" - which basically throws Gen X kids to the trash altogether and everyone accepts that).

But no, the Millennials are special and deserve to live so we have to support them the way X never got support.   Millennial grows up expecting better things when X never did.  They expected to live instead of die in a school shootout.  They dared to expect a future and they had backup.  So now, enter the PHONE and INTERNET they have all the private access to each other and Groupthink is what emerges to cast a battering ram into the last of the Boomers' collective ideology that god sent them here to tell us something (doesn't someone always die or get sacrificed in that scenario?) and dare that be the collective X generation who took one for humanity?

Never taught or trained how to be optimistic, every advantage their parents had was erased before they arrived, they got shat on collectively and then still carried the financial burden of the New Depression, raised good families without good examples of what that looks like, forsook even themselves with their desperate lives to give the next generation a chance at renewal.

Yet, X is the most banished, overlooked and aborted (1973 R v W) generation on the books currently.  I wonder if abortion came up for passage in Congress not in 1973 but how about 1983?  1993?  Would it ever have happened?

not so much

Messages In This Thread
RE: skipped an archetype like time before last? - by TheNomad - 04-29-2019, 07:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Archetype Names! jleagans 36 14,113 03-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Can Generational Boundaries Shift Over Time? Anthony '58 3 2,635 06-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Which turning and archetype is most joyful? Blazkovitz 31 12,491 05-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How do neurological disorders or psychiatric disorders affect generation archetype? AspieMillennial 2 2,112 06-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: David Horn