Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skipped an archetype like time before last?
(05-04-2019, 12:15 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Strictly speaking, slavery was more an institution than a technology

I don't think I agree.  Technology is basically a resource.  A resource harnessed by someone or a thing (a corp) for financial gain. 

Slave = the modern equivalent of an employee? 

Think about it first.  The most efficient way to use the TECH in the scenario is to own human beings to do work for you AND NOT PAY THEM.

I dont think anyone can really say that isnt the most effective way to use HUMAN LABOR as TECH.

So, if you have a TECH available to you that is not available to others, that is a clear advantage in the capitalistic ideology.  ANY tech.  If someone has access to fresh water when their competitor does not, it's an advantage.  Just being random there.  To the basest level, the "effort" or ......... business .......... cannot thrive above its competitors if RESOURCES are not equal.

Confederacy was based on the idea they had the resources of HUMAN BEINGS on their farms and in their businesses who did work for them without pay.  While contrast that to other "competitors in business" who did not have that same resource (they did not/chose not to have human beings work without pay).

Destroy the advantage (the TECH) and you have destroyed the Confederacy. 

You must be willing to see this in the light of capitalism, business and TECHNOLOGY.  When a company develops a new microchip, they have an advantage over all other competitors.  They thrive in the marketplace.  Until other corps are able (by law) to use and make those microchips themselves to even the playing field.

Since I am interested in understanding how the current 4T compares to the current one NOW (because I do not think our 4T is like the WWII era Turning)....... how do I compare the TECH and the idea the Confederacy was laid waste when a huge "indictment" and MORAL CONDEMNATION was made of a thing which gave an advantage in our civilization that now longer exists.

I know, thats a bit much bit I run on 14 cylinders. 

WHAT in the CW Turning is like ours now?

I am looking at the Civil War Era being like ours.......... but maybe without the physical war.  An ideological one, grand and maybe as large in some ways as some of the "reconstruction" of the CW period.  What are we facing now that is like that time?  What are going to be the emerging morals that change the landscape of our America?  What are some of the HUGE referendums coming for us now that will fundamentally alter our civilization?

Messages In This Thread
RE: skipped an archetype like time before last? - by TheNomad - 05-04-2019, 01:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Archetype Names! jleagans 36 14,167 03-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Can Generational Boundaries Shift Over Time? Anthony '58 3 2,640 06-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Which turning and archetype is most joyful? Blazkovitz 31 12,526 05-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How do neurological disorders or psychiatric disorders affect generation archetype? AspieMillennial 2 2,118 06-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: David Horn