Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will happen to all the McMansions in the 1T?
Housing costs are way too high, obscenely high in some expensive blue areas. I don't see that when younger people inherit them that they will sell them at lower prices just because they are younger. They won't be so young then anyway.

I think the cost of housing is part of our 4T. It is part of the economic crisis, which hurts young people the most. The crisis stems from the mostly-3T neo-liberal free-market ideology, in power since 1980. Now we have a governor in CA who is trying to do something about it. And some other Democratic Party politicians. I don't know how far the prices can be lowered for how many more people. Some people have to move out because of the high prices. That may also reduce the prices, but I don't know by how much or how soon.

The last 4T also saw ongoing economic pressures on the majority of the people, until the war got going. The specifics were different, but the effect was similar. And the cause was the same: libertarian free-market economics policies of the Republican Party.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will happen to all the McMansions in the 1T? - by Eric the Green - 05-18-2019, 11:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  President-Elect Trump: Why Did It Happen? What Does It Mean For Markets? Dan '82 14 14,991 07-26-2018, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green