The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A personality cult for Trump?
Updated because I now have a source:

I cannot verify this, as it seems too extreme to be credible. But 'too bad to be true' describes much of what has been said of this President.

By Vice-President Pence, who supposedly said in ONE cabinet meeting alone:

Quote:“Thank you for seeing, through the course of this year, an agenda that truly is restoring this country.”
“You described it very well, Mr. President.”
“You've restored American credibility on the world stage.”
“You've signed more bills rolling back federal red tape than any president in American history.”
“You've unleashed American energy.”
“You've spurred an optimism in this country that's setting records.”
“You promised the American people in that campaign a year ago that you would deliver historic tax cuts, and it would be a 'middle-class miracle.' And in just a short period of time, that promise will be fulfilled.”
“I’m deeply humbled, as your vice president, to be able to be here."
“Because of your leadership, Mr. President, and because of the strong support of the leadership in the Congress of the United States, you're delivering on that middle-class miracle.”
“You've actually got the Congress to do, as you said, what they couldn’t do with [the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska] for 40 years.”
“You got the Congress to do, with tax cuts for working families and American businesses, what they haven’t been able to do for 31 years.”
“And you got Congress to do what they couldn’t do for seven years, in repealing the individual mandate in Obamacare.”
“Mostly, Mr. President, I’ll end where I began and just tell you, I want to thank you, Mr. President. I want to thank you for speaking on behalf of and fighting every day for the forgotten men and women of America.”
“Because of your determination, because of your leadership, the forgotten men and women of America are forgotten no more. And we are making America great again.”

If this is so, then I miss Dick Cheney (by contrast as Veep) .
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
A personality cult for Trump? - by pbrower2a - 05-24-2019, 08:23 PM
RE: A personality cult for Trump? - by pbrower2a - 05-24-2019, 09:25 PM
RE: A personality cult for Trump? - by pbrower2a - 05-25-2019, 08:04 AM
RE: A personality cult for Trump? - by pbrower2a - 06-03-2019, 06:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yes, Qanon is a dangerous, destructive cult pbrower2a 9 2,989 07-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a