Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ex-GOP Lawmaker: Trump Is “Illegitimate President,” Should Be Impeached
(08-17-2019, 07:23 PM)march Wrote: Does anyone get the feeling that anyone supporting the police state now is a paid NSA shill?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2...l-networks

Identity theft is a despicable practice. I am surprised that people are not yet sued for it in courts of law.

If used in larceny (let us say someone takes access to my credit card by fishing for my keystrokes and then orders a new wardrobe), then that person has committed a crime suitable for criminal prosecution. I'm probably going to get a call from the card company with a message like this:

This is (name withheld) from Wachovia Bank*. We have noticed unusual activity on your account in which someone using your credit card data has made big purchases at Montgomery Ward*, Sunny Spa Massage Parlor (fictional), and Steak and Ale* in the Greater Memphis area. This is uncharacteristic of your recent spending habits. Then I tell the bank officer that I have not been in Greater Memphis for years, and that the charges are fraudulent and when prompted say that I will sign an affidavit to the effect, and consent to the arrest of the imposter. Do the crook goes to Sound Warehouse* and attempts to buy a large collection of recorded music and is busted.

Aw, too bad. Mr. Big Spender gets to go to jail, go directly to jail, and not get to enjoy the new stuff. Too bad that he got to enjoy the massage parlor and the surf-and-turf...

*defunct entities, as I do not give free advertising.

Identity theft can do harm to a reputation in academia or public life... why must people cheat? So if you are a neo-Nazi, why must you pose as Rabbi Menachem Schneersohn (deceased) and claim that one has inside information that Jews are all criminal conspirators against gentiles instead of citing the usual Nazi sources like Hitler, Goebbels, Streicher, and (Alfred) Rosenberg?

We are going to see clearer measures against identity theft for any purpose... and recognize it is a despicable, and often criminal practice.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,815 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  GOP Leader Defends Keeping Election Records Secret chairb 0 615 10-19-2021, 10:14 PM
Last Post: chairb
  Hawaii lawmaker Sharon Har, who railed against drunk driving, busted for alleged DUI HealthyDebate 0 709 03-11-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  Will the real president of the United States please stand up? girlmonday 0 697 03-06-2021, 03:59 AM
Last Post: girlmonday
  Texas Lawmaker Will Introduce Referendum to Secede from U.S. random3 2 1,037 03-03-2021, 08:22 PM
Last Post: March3
  GOP governor pushes Texas’ first sales tax hike in 30 years random3 10 2,889 03-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Last Post: March3
  Lawmaker files bill to reinstate long-abolished death penalty in state random3 2 848 02-12-2021, 08:01 PM
Last Post: random3
  Bill gives the President discretion on Intelligence spending. pbrower2a 0 1,473 01-18-2018, 05:05 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Rhode Island lawmaker to introduce bill to ban sale, use of bump stocks nebraska 0 744 01-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Lawmaker wants to ban marijuana billboard advertising nebraska 0 659 12-31-2017, 08:14 PM
Last Post: nebraska