The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope and Optimism on Conquering Bullying?
I found the following article to be worth discussing here. But the question that should be considered is: have we really made a lot of progress in this area? Many have complained about being bullied at their workplaces, and while this is for certain a form of harassment, I don't believe it has been cracked down on with nearly the intensity that harassment of a sexual nature has.

I was so bullied back in public school days that my parents removed me from the school and hired a tutor for me until a private boarding school could be found. To a certain extent there was still some bullying there as well, and one of the other children thought that I should be in an insane asylum or sanitarium. As one of at least three self-proclaimed Aspies on this board, it was just something nobody really discussed at that time (the 1950s), as many of those who for whatever reason did not fit in to the larger society were sent to boarding schools as children or sanitariums as adults.

Do you think we have made progress regarding this issue, and has significant research been done into bullying's cause and effect?

https://www.air.org/resource/cautious-op...e-bullying

Messages In This Thread
Hope and Optimism on Conquering Bullying? - by beechnut79 - 07-25-2019, 09:42 AM