Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis
I just read the Time article and I am finding it very disturbing.   

I have thought in the past about how it might impact the turnings (and specifically a fourth turning)  if Strauss and Howe's theories were more widely known   I have thought about the possibility of people altering their behavior in anticipation of the turnings and saecula of history.  On a the individual level, some people who are familiar with Strauss/Howe theory ('S/HT') could believe they can anticipate coming events and adjust their individual behavior to try to gain an advantage in deciding where to live, what career to pursue, what investments to make, or even whether to build a survival bunker or flee their country. If such anticipatory changes in behavior happen on a broad enough scale, they could even impact the path and outcome of the turnings and saeculum themselves.  Perhaps even the behavioral adjustments of even a small number of individuals could have a significant impact on the outcome of a turning.

What I had not previously considered, and what I am now aware and fearful of, is the possibility of an individual using their knowledge of S/HT to advance a more nefarious agenda.  It now appears to me that this may be exactly what Steve Bannon is trying to do.

I will freely admit my bias.  I am no fan of Mr. Trump or Mr. Bannon.  I have believed for well over a year and a half that Mr. Trump is an extremely dangerous man and that his election to the Presidency would very likely have disastrous consequences.  My awareness of Mr. Bannon before he became CEO of Trump's campaign in August, was pretty much limited to the fact that the online publication he ran was trash, and not journalism worthy of paying any attention to.

Learning via the Time article that Bannon is both a student of ST/H and also is the founder of Citizens United (of 2010 Supreme Court fame) sets off so many alarms my ears are ringing.  Bannon helped get Trump elected and now has his ear.  Trump is easily manipulated and craves the praise and attention that Bannon and his "former" publication will heap on him.

I used to just worry that Bannon was Goebbels, now I am wondering if he may be the one who will really be running the show.

Is Bannon some sort of supervillian?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by tg63 - 11-25-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Turning Man - 11-27-2016, 02:29 AM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by tg63 - 11-29-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 12-14-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 01-30-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 02-14-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 02-15-2017, 08:29 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 02-16-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 03-10-2017, 03:52 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 03-10-2017, 04:50 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 03-10-2017, 04:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil Howe: Where did Steve Bannon get his worldview? From my book. Dan '82 32 24,322 04-21-2017, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Trump's real German analog Donald Trump takes office on Friday, and the world hol pbrower2a 2 2,922 02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: freivolk
  Steve Bannon is obsessed with The Fourth Turning Dan '82 17 11,810 02-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a