Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Boomer Individualism Help or Hurt America
(10-29-2019, 01:41 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 08:32 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: Theoretically the Boomers might still do something great to fix all the messes they made during their lives - but I don't believe it.

Neither do I, and I'm one myself.

In theory Boomers still could "do" something great. Unfortunately I don't think they have it in them. A large contingent of them are too busy fighting the Grey Orange Champion.

(10-30-2019, 10:21 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Think of FDR and Churchill saving Western Christian Civilization... and Adenauer restarting it in western Germany.

FDR didn't save Western Civilization, Christian or otherwise. Neither did Churchill. You can thank that success to the Lost and GIs who actually fought the necessary fight against the Axis. Both are and were completely replaceable with any other person willing to let the Generals and lower ranking officers get on with the task at hand.

As usual PBR you are too focused on the focal points.

As to individualism, it is natural to the American character. As a nation even our most collectivist generation (Millies) seems to be highly individualistic. I can't tell you how many different intersections of "oppression" the latest wave of "Progressives" can come up with.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Boomer Individualism Help or Hurt America - by Kinser79 - 11-04-2019, 05:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Upscaling of America beechnut79 12 2,739 04-07-2022, 12:35 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  What Happened to the "Beyond America" Category? Anthony '58 1 893 11-20-2021, 04:01 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a