Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Boomer Individualism Help or Hurt America
(11-10-2019, 11:16 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 06:59 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: It created a very colourful saeculum. Music from our cycle especially from the 1980s will probably be played for centuries. Same for movies and fashion. I can't imagine the boys of 2200 not knowing Rocky.

When it comes to politics, I prefer the Missionaries.

We Boomers have more in common with the Transcendentals, and that make us a bit scary.  I agree, the Missionaries were a better version of Prophet.

I liked the Transcendentalists for their romanticism and idealism. They were like boomers in youth in that they could look outside the box of conventional views. They became very militant on both sides in the civil war though, similar to us today. Missionaries were more business oriented, and many were evangelists and prohibitionists, but there were some good visionaries and mystics in the group with a social gospel. It's a mixed bag.

But as for boomer era music (which was also Silent), the mid-60s through early 70s is the classic era whose music will last.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Boomer Individualism Help or Hurt America - by Eric the Green - 11-12-2019, 11:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Upscaling of America beechnut79 12 2,739 04-07-2022, 12:35 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  What Happened to the "Beyond America" Category? Anthony '58 1 893 11-20-2021, 04:01 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a