Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can The Economy Ever Be 'Good' While So Many Don't Have Walls?
(03-14-2020, 11:13 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 08:35 PM)TheNomad Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 05:02 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 07:38 AM)beechnut79 Wrote: That song, (Gentle on my Mind), although not really thought of that way, was popular smack-dab in the middle of the hippie era when free-spiritism was very much in vogue. Sometimes I think we could usu a little more of that today. Am now in my 70s and still would like as little responsibility as possible. Depressed that most of the bills never seem to go away. Probably won’t be able to retire until death, even though I never had substance abuse issues.

Yes, it was more the norm to be a free spirit during the last awakening.  It went with the times.  When you were young, a member of a band (such as those who wrote the song) and had not yet put down roots, it was easier.  Boomers have sunk roots since, generally.  I sympathize with the seeming ugliness of some of those roots.  Persistent buggers, no?

Should I chime in here, "free spirit" means to a child "unknown chaos / danger".  I am so glad and thankful to the gods for Strauss and Howe's concepts, it helped me understand WHY I felt so alienated and under-protected as a child.

It's also enlightening how Prophets had the world to claim for themselves.  A healthy infrastructure, parents who adored them, every material thing they could want (NEED was a given, WANT is the operative word).

^^ this is a generality.  But it works.

Then, when they were finished shitting on everything I just mentioned, decided to "put down roots" as you say, and then here we are in 2020 - living in essentially their world - and things have been falling down through my entire adult life, no one can agree on how to move forward on anything, and America wonders if we can even survive until Summer.

It was all about them.  Their visions.  Their ideology.  It still is.  I recognize America needed them to overthrow a stale culture.  I can't say The Doors shouldn't exist.  But their use is over.  Please just die already.  Self-impose that you will no longer vote or involve in politics if you can't do the latter.  Admit and recognize YOU are the problem right now.  Whether you call yourself a color or a side or a movement.

You are not here to change culture.  Your time for that is over.  Now, we need inner change you cannot provide.

please opt out

Hmm.  Let me see.  The people who made America great are the villains, and the folks that ruined it heroes?  Is there something a bit off here?

wtf??

dude this is not some reddit forum of alt realities of the Multiverse of Madness. 

We are in the GENERATIONAL CYCLES / STRAUSS&HOWE PUBLISHINGS / GENERATIONS / THE 4TH TURNING forum.

This forum is not a big tent gathering of the masses who like to wave flags with animals and their favorite 2 colors.

This forum is ... then this THREAD is ... Political Discussion (I wrote it here because there is no other logical place for it here) ... within the realm of Generational Cycles and Archetypes described fully by mentioned authors.

But now, you are coming with your own descriptions and designations, saying this or that generation is this or that, I GUESS based on your own philosophy or belief systems.... why here?  You could fill up your area in reddit or 7chan or some other place without already-established expectations of models and understanding of their designations.

I mean, no one forced you HERE.  Who herded you in HERE to make up your own paradigms?  You can do that anywhere.

MOST BASIC

Hero: fixes the shit destroyed by Prophet, brings stale culture
Artist: I haven't totally figured this one out, they basically cling to adults through the Crisis, grow up super protected, enjoy a world resurrected, and grow old in the most cared-for situations the new society has created (the authors say in plain words it is in this archetype a person can fully realize the benefits of a society reborn)
Prophet: flushes stale culture from Hero and shits on the institutions created to protect them
Nomad: gets shit on through all phases

If you can't agree on these basics, you don't belong in this forum.  I mean, Papists go to the places for them, Democrats to their havens, Chess Players go there, on and on.  There are paradigms for everyone.  What made you come here?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can The Economy Ever Be 'Good' While So Many Don't Have Walls? - by TheNomad - 03-15-2020, 12:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US debt is now projected to be larger than the US economy random3 0 609 02-17-2021, 11:38 PM
Last Post: random3
  Don’t Vote for a Psychopath: Tyranny at the Hands of a Psychopathic Government random3 32 6,452 02-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: random3
  Be Careful, But Don't Preach About The Virus TheNomad 1 991 03-17-2020, 07:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Please Just Don't Change? TheNomad 2 1,309 03-15-2020, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  Why rural voters don’t vote Democratic anymore Dan '82 82 52,127 03-12-2020, 04:36 PM
  Government shutdown may be a good thing nebraska 0 996 01-20-2018, 08:56 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Texas' low-regulation approach is good for growth nebraska 0 1,069 01-12-2018, 06:57 AM
  Good government is everybody's responsibility nebraska 0 849 12-27-2017, 08:16 AM
  There Are More White Voters Than People Think. That’s Good News for Trump. Dan '82 16 15,628 06-20-2016, 05:50 PM