Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can The Economy Ever Be 'Good' While So Many Don't Have Walls?
(03-15-2020, 01:09 AM)TheNomad Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 11:13 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: From my perspective, the problem is not boomers vs everyone else.  It is red against blue.  The period when the blue were in charge, America was great.  When the conservative era came, it was not.  The progressives had their act together.  The conservatives had their act together too, if you were upset by change, a racist, or an elite.  If one can stretch your mind it is possible to see why America changed, reasons why we asked not what we could do for our country, but what the country could do for us.  You can only strive for greatness so long.  Then you need a break.

But the break can’t last forever.  The time is coming, is perhaps already here, that we have to see clearly and work hard for a cause larger than one's self.

ima try to be kind to you w this, you say it isn't boomers/prophets against everyone also, but red on blue.

That is very, very incorrect and wrong.  It's part of why you need to opt out and no longer participate.  So long as red v blue exists, nothing will happen.  It exists because boomer/prophet IS red AND blue. 

It is boomer against itself at the cost of everyone else.  IDEOLOGY IS KILLING AMERICA.  Whose ideology? 

Hero is not battling against itself.  They are a collective unit that does not care who is RIGHT so long as it WORKS.
Artist is not battling against itself.  All THEY want is to envision a world that won't end in fire before they get laid.
Prophet fighting to the death over Vietnam and Civil Rights (it was good then, NOT GOOD NOW) still want to throw rocks and engage the division with WAR
Nomad doesn't give a shit about any of it, they know boomer/prophet/ideology is the problem, maybe some of us are smart enough to know we can only hope for change when boomer/prophet dies or opts out

will you give us all a chance?  NO ONE ELSE is battling over ideology except boomer/prophet.

If you cannot accept that blue is an ideology and red is an ideology, we are not going to make it.  We have politicians making decisions or NOT making decisions simply based on what side it comes from.  There are lawmakers and pundits who ONLY WANT TO STOP PROGRESS.

You say it is red that wants to stop progress.  I disagree and that is not true.  I could easily now say blue does want progress.  In fact, I believe that.  Yet, underlying it all is IDEOLOGY AS A WEAPON and the idea ideology can save us NO............................................. ideology cannot save anything. It puts up barriers that can never be crossed simply based on dogma and ritual.

It is no different than an Orthodox Priest battling a Catholic one over WHO founded the church
neither of you did, stfu and go perform a baptism and let everyone else get to work
and yet this persists "I'M not the problem THEY ARE"

and guess what, the Hero is sitting there going JUST SHUT UP AND DO SOMETHING!  FIX THE PROBLEMS.  WE DON'T CARE WHO IS RIGHT AND WHO IS WRONG, WE DON'T CARE WHAT SIDE YOU ARE ON, WE WOULD RATHER YOU TAKE OFF YOUR T-SHIRT WITH THE ANIMAL ON IT AND PRETEND YOU DON'T HAVE A SIDE SO WE DON'T SIT IN ROOMS FOR THE NEXT DECADE DECIDING WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG BUT HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM

Hero and Artist are poised with a collective spirit to FIX that you do not have.  You will never have it.  Individualists and free spirits I think cannot even understand what that means.  I don't have it either.  I am more Prophet than Hero.  I want to do my own thing, I have my own values, I do not blend in with the crowd, I do not engage in Groupthink.

Guess what?  Hero and Artists are all those things.  That's why their culture is so stale.  It has to be.  The need for them to be forced into a collective unit to solve problems is the only thing that counter-balances the rancor of now with prophet and their red v blue battle to the end.

AS SOON AS RUSH LIMBAUGH DIES, AMERICA WILL SEE A MARKED CHANGE.  That's not because he is red, but because he is prophet.  He is a great cause of the current division.  It is my personal opinion we notice red more because there are less of them out in public that way. They NEED less because they follow easier. It's no mistake he is about to die right as we are moving through the Great Gate of this 4th Turning.  It also highlights my idea prophet just needs to GO AWAY.  Since they are so freaking stubborn, only death can lift that curse.  Asking a prophet to opt out is like asking a pig to refrain from the trough.  It is not in their nature.

if you dont think everyone else is realizing who is the problem you made a mistake

Having said that, each cycle does its thing, and tho I loved reruns of Donna Reed, I used to try to imagine what that idyllic was.  Just 25 years later, it seemed like I was living on a different planet.  None of that existed in my world.  Not the clean neighborhoods or the overall peace and safety of what I saw depicted, the overall cohesion of society when they went in public.

I know the difference between TV entertainment and real life. I am speaking metaphorically.

I am saying, it wasn't until I really understood these books I realized how utterly bland, stale and worthless culture was back then.  How there was a social need to vomit and create new things.  Thank god for those things.  Who could imagine a world without all of it?  Those things brought upheaval and travail, but had to happen.

NOW, understand.  Prophet/boomer made that happen.  Moving to the present, that paradigm shift is over.  We can no longer afford it, and it's not necessary.  America is fully closed off to social change and societal revolution.  What it needs now is structural and procedural revolution.  The next archetypes are there and waiting. 

Imagine if everyone from government above, say, 70 was forced to retire.  The 4th Turning would be finished in the next presidential term.  We would be in full swing to a good First Turning.

I would say even 65yo.  I mean, THAT was the age the New Deal and Great Society decided was the age of retirement.  WHY are there so many skeletons clinging on to political life who just absolutely refuse to give up their chair and move on? 

IDEOLOGY.
They feel like they just cannot give up their shit until their "work" is done.  What is their "work"?  It is to implement and apply their ideology before they pass on.  They have this god-granted theme in their minds they were put here to enlighten everyone and right a wronged ship.

BUT YOUR TIME HAS PASSED.  THIS AINT VIETNAM AND FLOWER CHILDREN ARE NOT COOL.  LET THE HEROES DO THEIR THING.

WILL YOU?

The flower children had moved on before the end of the Vietnam War, and one of the infamous (in many minds) Koch Brothers has now passed on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can The Economy Ever Be 'Good' While So Many Don't Have Walls? - by beechnut79 - 03-16-2020, 12:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US debt is now projected to be larger than the US economy random3 0 611 02-17-2021, 11:38 PM
Last Post: random3
  Don’t Vote for a Psychopath: Tyranny at the Hands of a Psychopathic Government random3 32 6,459 02-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: random3
  Be Careful, But Don't Preach About The Virus TheNomad 1 991 03-17-2020, 07:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Please Just Don't Change? TheNomad 2 1,309 03-15-2020, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  Why rural voters don’t vote Democratic anymore Dan '82 82 52,147 03-12-2020, 04:36 PM
  Government shutdown may be a good thing nebraska 0 999 01-20-2018, 08:56 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Texas' low-regulation approach is good for growth nebraska 0 1,069 01-12-2018, 06:57 AM
  Good government is everybody's responsibility nebraska 0 850 12-27-2017, 08:16 AM
  There Are More White Voters Than People Think. That’s Good News for Trump. Dan '82 16 15,631 06-20-2016, 05:50 PM