Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The limits of science
(12-20-2016, 01:54 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Don't confuse the limits of science with the limits of things like technology, and, the current version of market capitalism. Science is wonderful. A person who goes forth into the world in a scientifically minded way will experience an unending sense of wonder. Scientific training gives a person keen observational abilities, appreciation of nuances, and the joy of experiencing things like the ever changing face of nature, be it the evolving cosmos, the changing of the seasons or the endless wash of the waves of sensible weather. Ironically or perhaps not so ironically, going forth with a clean, unbiased scientific mind leads one, if one is really, truly, unabashedly unbiased, into the realm of spirituality.

I do concede that there are people with scientific training who are not thus - in such cases they are not fully developed enough to self correct for bias. Training in meditation can help resolve such challenges. Still, in the grand scheme of things, it's better to know and love science than not. In my life experience, scientific people have been those with the broadest most open perspectives, and those who are overly emotion or Id driven tend to be more annoying and worthy of my pity.

I like this.  What is your education/professional background?

Messages In This Thread
The limits of science - by Eric the Green - 12-20-2016, 02:22 AM
RE: The limits of science - by Mikebert - 12-20-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: The limits of science - by Eric the Green - 12-20-2016, 03:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,152 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  New paradigms in science and knowledge Eric the Green 2 3,322 07-13-2019, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Bill the Piper