Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fourth Turning is Here! And no one is here!
(03-20-2020, 03:38 PM)Ldr Wrote: I just started a new thread on Reddit on trying to solve the real roots of the generational cycle, that's actually detectable in other animal populations other than humans too.

This forum is quite dead, since everybody is still stuck trying to explain the generational theory by using the "social dynamics" model, that can never achieve any real accuracy, but only guesses. I believe the reason why even Neil Howe still believes in the social dynamics model is the theory of mind, that makes humans believe in generalizations rather than hard evidence - especially if most of the people they know believe in the same generalizations. Such generalizations are that the masses react in some way to almost all societal events, even though this cannot be proved to be true in any meaningful way. But people think they can interpret why others do something - which is the essence of the theory of the mind - and then they apply this intuition to masses. But they fail when they do this, since trying to guess even one person's thoughts and reactions is impossible. If someone think they can read someone else's mind, there's a good chance they'd be billionaires by guessing how the stock market moves. But no, this is not possible.

Especially Boomers tend to do this, but that's the generation that seems to think they know everything anyways. Big Grin

Whut? You mean, we don't?
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fourth Turning is Here! And no one is here! - by Eric the Green - 03-23-2020, 03:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Climax" year of each turning Ghost 99 44,120 06-08-2020, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Isoko
  "The X-Files" name-checking "4th Turning" Increase Mather 0 1,786 01-21-2018, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Increase Mather