The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the social dynamics viewpoint to the Strauss-Howe generational theory is wrong
Let me be clear here: I do believe that the generational traits and the turnings are real. But I do not believe that the social dynamics model can explain them. Generations do not "realize" things and then change behavior just because something has happened. Generations do not raise other generations in a way that they "see" the world in some predetermined fashion. Generations do not form traits because the world is in one way or another. It is impossible for a 80 year cycle with 20 year generations to hold a coherent form through five centuries if it was relying on social dynamics.

This is why I have proposed and shown a large amount of validated evidence that the cycle and the generations are formed through hormone levels, and this has been observed in other cyclical animal populations too: https://jannemiettinen.fi/FourthTurning/

I believe that the reason why Strauss & Howe (and apparently almost everyone else on this forum but me) believe in the social dynamics model is because the theory of mind: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind

Theory of mind is innate to humans, and it makes humans think that they know what others think and then rationalize that their actions are due to this knowledge. I have a mild asperger syndrome, and individuals with asperger syndrome often have a different kind of theory of mind, and I for one can't force myself to believe in my intuition as much as facts and scientific evidence. I can't predict what "the masses" think, but I can observe what they do. Hormone levels modulate human behavior in ways the Strauss-Howe generational cycle describes: parenting intensity, group/social coherence, sexual behavior, etc.

So I would challenge anyone to explain to me how they think they can understand how people react to societal events and how this would change the behavior of the masses for good. And then tell how they themselves fit into this equation of realizing things and thus changing their own behavior for good.
Generational hormone theory: https://jannemiettinen.fi/FourthTurning/

Messages In This Thread
Why the social dynamics viewpoint to the Strauss-Howe generational theory is wrong - by Ldr - 03-21-2020, 04:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Generational Dynamics World View John J. Xenakis 4,772 2,290,892 11-22-2023, 12:07 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  RationalWiki's article on the Theory X Marks the Spot 21 8,887 12-09-2022, 12:27 AM
  Ibn Khaldun's Theory of Dynasty Formation and Disintegration sbarrera 7 1,310 12-06-2022, 11:04 PM
  CBBForum nixes Strauss & Howe X Marks the Spot 2 1,576 05-31-2021, 08:48 AM
  Theory: cyclical generational hormone levels behind the four turnings and archetypes Ldr 2 3,405 03-16-2020, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Ldr
  Thermodynamics - Carnot Cycle - Anacyclosis (256 Years) - E8 Group Theory Mark40 3 3,505 02-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Generational cycle research Mikebert 15 16,278 02-08-2018, 10:06 AM
  Generation Theory Thread Mikebert 39 31,633 05-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Galen